BEVERLY HILLS–The chairman of the Armenian Cultural Foundation Trust Fund Neshan Peroomian reported on the Fund’s annual activities during a banquet reception last Saturday at the Beverly Hills Hotel–where more that $300,000 was raised for the ACF Trust Fund.
Long-time ACF benfactors Mr. & Mrs. Richard and Tina Carolan made a generous donation of $200,000 to the ACF Trust Fund. This important announcement was met by a standing ovation from the banquet guests and attendees.
In his remarks Peroomian praised the Carolans for the unwavering support of the ACF and other organizational activities and stated that the
Peroomian explained that the generous couple made the donation without hesitation–after hearing the needs of the organization–and furthermore did not want any special mention or an appearance in return for their donation.
Peroomian stated that during a meeting with the Carolanns–Tina Carolan had stated that the donation was her duty–as a former Armenian Youth Federation member–to the community.
Peroomian also announced that $150,000 from the generous $200,000 donation from the Carolans would be utilized to establish an endowment fund–85 percent of which would be used for ACF activities and the remaining 15 percent would be added to the fund’s principal. The remaining $50,000 would be utilized for current ACF projects.
In his report Peroomian first outlined the aims and goals of the organization–which was established in 1987 to assist in the needs of the Armenian community–and thanked the more than 150 guests and 70 couples who had donated $1000 each at the banquet–for their continued support for ACF activities.
Peroomian also announced that Mr. & Mrs. Hagop and Mina Shirvanian–who had originally donated $5,000–had contributed an additional $20,000 becoming ACF Trust Fund founding members. Peroomian also announced that Mr. & Mrs. Charlie and Judy Galian had donated $5,000 to the ACF Trust Fund.
In his report annual Trust Fund activities Peroomian first outlined that three allocations were made in the last year in the following manner:
*$10,000 to Asbarez for the development of its electronic news distribution system (Online services and web page).
*$15,000 for the activities of the Armenian National Committee of America headquarters in Washington.
*$5,000 for the ANCA-Western Region office activities.
Peroomian also reported that the Trust Fund had been able to secure the following wills and trusts:
*$55,000 from the estate of the late Oshin Pesdimaldjian–the entire amount of which is foreseen to be collected by the end of the fiscal year.
*$7,500 was added to the Nerses and Aghavni Topalian education fund–through a generous donation from the Topalian family bringing the total of that fund to $14,085. The Topalian family has pledged to bring the total amount of that fund to $50,000 in the upcoming years.
*$4,060 was collected for the Barkev Shirinian memorial journalism scholarship fund in memory of long-time Asbarez assistant editor. Varoujan Koundakjian contributed $2,500 to the fund–bringing the total to $6,560.
*$8,000 from the estate of the late Adrina Balikian–to be collected within one month.
In its 10 years of service to the Armenian-American community–the ACF Trust Fund has been an integral part of assiting the community in its needs and providing stable financial gran’s and contribution to various community institutions for enhancement and betterment of their projects and programs.