LOS ANGELES–In little more than two weeks Armenians around the world will gather around their television sets to breathe new life into the villages in Artsakh by donating to Armenia Fund (Hayastan All-Armenian Fund) through its 12-hour International Thanksgiving Day Telethon 2010.
“Every Telethon is a celebration of Armenia and a celebration of its sons and daughters around the world. It’s a celebration because for a day we all put all our differences aside, show a united front, lock arms and pitch in as a nation to bring a lasting positive change in the lives of our brothers and sisters in Armenia,” said Ara Aghishian, President of Armenia Fund, U.S. Western Region.
This year, Armenia Fund has made it considerably easier to donate, with four simple methods. Donors can make a pledge or a secure credit card donation by:
- Calling the studio during the Telethon
- Texting the word “ARMENIA” to 50555
- Visiting armeniafund.org and making a secure online donation
- Attending the “Water Is Life” Benefit Concert on Sunday, November 21 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium
“Every year we try and introduce new fundraising methods for our Telethon campaigns; t o give our donors a multitude of different ways to be helpful to our Homeland,” explained Sarkis Kotanjian, Executive Director of Armenia Fund U.S. Western Region.
This year, Kotanjian said, supporters have a new opportunity to send text-message donations throughout the entire territory of the United States. They can also attend Armenia Fund’s first-ever, “Water Is Life” Concert at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium on November 21, he added.
“Funds that are raised through all these different means, including the Telethon, Annual Gala, Text Message Campaign and Benefit Concert are going to the same program – giving access to clean drinking and irrigation water to the people of Artsakh,” Kotanjian said
- Tickets to the “Water Is Life” Benefit concert can be purchased here. The event will feature Eva Rivas, Andre, Razmik Amyan, Sofi Mkheyan and members of the Armenian State Theater of Song.
- Secure online donation to Armenia Fund’s International “Water Is Life” Telethon can be made by clicking here.
- To learn how to make a Text Message Donation to Armenia Fund click here.
- To read Armenia Fund’s annual reports, which include detailed accounting and independent auditors’ report, click here.
In Southern California, the Telethon can be seen on KSCI Channel 18, KVMD, ARTN/Shant and USArmenia networks for full 12 hours. In the Glendale/Burbank/Pasadena/La Canada areas in addition to ARTN/Shant (388) and USArmenia (386), the Telethon broadcast will be also shown on AABC (384), HighVision (381) and Horizon (385) Armenian TV channels. The live 12 hour webcast can be viewed at armeniafund.org.
In Armenia, the Telethon can be viewed for full 12 hours on H1, Armenia, Shant and Yerkir Media networks beginning 20:00.
The General Sponsor of Telethon 2010 is VivaCell MTS and the Los Angeles Major Partner is Karoun Dairies USA.
Armenia Fund, Inc., is a non-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt corporation established in 1994 to facilitate large-scale humanitarian and infrastructure development assistance to Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh. Since 1991, Armenia Fund has rendered more than $200 million in development aid to Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh. Armenia Fund, Inc. is the U.S. Western Region affiliate of “Hayastan” All-Armenian Fund. Tax ID# 95-4485698