GLENDALE—The three traditional Armenian political parties on Monday issued a statement marking the 25th anniversary of Armenia’s Independence.
Below is the translated text of that announcement.
The Western United States leadership of the three national political parties—the Social Democratic Hunchakian party, the Armenian Revolutionary Federation and the Armenian Democratic Liberal Party (Ramgavar)—in the name of their rank and file and supporters welcome the 25th anniversary of Armenia’s independence and on this occasion announce:
1. Our unwavering commitment to efforts to strengthen Armenia’s independent statehood;
2. Our concern that our 25-year young Armenian Republic still confronts the challenge of emigration from Armenia. It is our profound conviction that in order to stem the tide of emigration immediate steps must be taken to enhance and reform Armenia’s socio-economic situation and to fundamentally change Armenia’s judicial system;
3. Our conviction that the resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict must be attained through peaceful means. However, we oppose the alternative of territorial concessions for peace and we declare not one liberated territory in Artsakh can be conceded;
4. Our steadfast commitment to stand shoulder to shoulder with the people of Armenia in their quest to create their own just and prosperous country and to support their aspirations;
5. Our cooperation to ensure that democratic values and human rights are protected in the Republic of Armenia in the widest way possible;
6. Finally, by bringing together the resources of the Western United States Armenian community and by fostering an atmosphere of cooperation add new impetus to our obligation to advance and safeguard the security of the Armenia and Artsakh.
Long Live the independent Armenian state
Long Live Armenia and Artsakh
Long Live the Armenian Nation
Social Democratic Hunchakian Party Western US Executive Board
Armenian Revolutionary Federation-Dashnaktsutyun Western US Central Committee
Armenian Democratic Liberal Party-Ramgavar Western District Committee of Americans
Los Angeles, September 19, 2016