HOLLYWOOD–System of a Down’s “indefinite break” is over, according to the band’s website, which announced the dates of an upcoming European tour set to begin in June.
“We are excited to announce that System will be playing some dates together in 2011,” said the announcement. “We also want to thank you for your loyalty and support, not only to System Of A Down, but to all of our solo efforts as well.”
System of A Down has been on hiatus since 2006 while its members have pursued various personal projects. Though the news marks an end to the four-year break, it should not be taken as a signal that the band is back together, according to the band. “We have no master plan of sorts,” it said. “We are playing these shows simply because we want to play together again as a band and for you, our amazing fans.”
System of a Down is an Armenian-American rock band which was formed in 1994. Its members are Serj Tankian (lead vocals, keyboard, guitar), Daron Malakian (vocals, guitar), Shavo Odadjian (bass, vocals), and John Dolmayan (drums). Many of the band’s songs deal with themes of injustices and war, such as the Armenian Genocide and the invasion of Iraq.
Below is a list of dates and on-sale information for the upcoming tour. For More information, visit systemofadown.com
- 6/2/11 – Italy, Milan, Milan Fiera Arena (on-sale Dec 1 @ 10am)
- 6/4/11 – Germany, Nurnberg, Rock im Park (AVAILABLE NOW)
- 6/5/11 – Germany, Nurburgring, Rock am Ring (AVAILABLE NOW)
- 6/6/11 – France, Paris, Omnisports de Bercy (on-sale Dec 14 @ 10am)
- 6/9/11 – Switzerland, Interlaken, Greenfield Festival (on-sale Dec 1 @ 10am)
- 6/11/11 – UK, Castle Donington, Download Festival (on-sale Dec 3 @ 9am)
- 6/13/11 – Austria, Nickelsdorf, Novarock (AVAILABLE NOW)
- 6/15/11 – Germany, Berlin, Wuhlheide (on-sale Dec 1 @ 9am)
- 6/17/11 – Sweden, Gothenburg, Metaltown Festival (on-sale Dec 2 @ 9am)
- 6/19/11 – Finland, Turku, Provinssirock (on-sale Dec 1 @ 9am)