GLENDALE–During the past eight years–the United Armenian Fund has sent $200 million of humanitarian assistance–including $21 million of heating fuel to Armenia on board 95 airlifts and 289 sea containers.
The UAF has record revenues of $43.3 million during the fiscal year 1996-97–according to the audit of its financial statemen’s prepared by the accounting firm of Arthur Andersen LLP.
This year–the UAF sent to Armenia by sea and air more than $40 million of relief supplies consisting primarily of medical supplies. In addition–the UAF funded the Children’s Cardiac Center of Armenia which to date has performed 1,100 heart operations.
The audited financial statemen’s reveal that only 1 percent of the UAF’s revenues were spent on administrative expenses with the remaining 99 percent allocated for assistance to Armenia.
"We thank the community for its continued support of UAF’s efforts to assist Armenia" said Harut Sassounian–the Executive Director of the UAF.
The UAF is the collective effort of the Armenian Assembly of America–Armenian General Benevolent Union–Armenian Missionary Association of America–Armenian Relief Society–Diocese of the Armenian Church of America–Prelacy of the Armenian Apostolic Church of America–and the Lincy Foundation.
For additional information–please contact the UAF office at (818) 241-8900.