GLENDALE, CALIF. ‘s The United Armenian Fund contributed to Armenia $36 million of humanitarian assistance during the fiscal year 2008, consisting primarily of medicines and medical supplies, according to the latest audit of its financial statemen’s.
The UAF devoted less than 1% of its total revenues to administrative expenses, allocating the remaining 99% to assisting the people of Armenia and Artsakh, according to the audit.
During its 19 years of operations, the UAF delivered to Armenia a grand total of $539 million worth of relief supplies on board 149 airlifts and 1,612 sea containers, as of September 30, 2008.
The UAF is the collective effort of the Armenian Assembly of America, Armenian General Benevolent Union, Armenian Missionary Association of America, Armenian Relief Society, Diocese of the Armenian Church of America, Prelacy of the Armenian Apostolic Church of America, and The Lincy Foundation.
For more information, contact the UAF office at 1101 North Pacific Avenue, Suite 204, Glendale, CA 91202 or call (818) 241-8900.