YEREVAN (ARKA)—VivaCell-MTS, a mobile telecommunication operator in Armenia which started operating in Armenia in 2005, has provided computers to residents of border villages as gifts, the company’s press office reported on Tuesday.
As many as ten computers have been presented to a school in Vahan border village, Gegharkunik province in north-eastern part of Armenia.
Two years ago, the company provided the school with fast Internet and a 3G Wi-Fi router, which provided new opportunities for 155 schoolchildren.
VivaCell-MTS has also helped the villagers install gas-supplying facilities, provision of their streets with LED lighting and a kindergarten with solar-powered water-heaters.
The company has also partly repaired a school in past years. Similar programs will be implemented in 2016.
VivaCell-MTS CEO Ralph Yirikian, on his own initiative, bought ten computers for a school in Chkalov village, Lori province.
Mobile Telesystems (MTS), the largest mobile telecommunication operator in Russia and the CIS, holds 80% of the company’s shares, and the remaining 20% belong to Lebanese Fattouch Group.