FRESNO–The Society for Armenian Studies announces the publication of volume 16 of the Journal of the Society for Armenian Studies. This latest volume includes eight articles and fourteen book reviews.
Dr. John Greppin of Cleveland State University served as the editor and Dr. Peter Cowe, Narekatsi Professor of Armenian Studies at UCLA, as the book review editor. The eight articles are as follows:
1. Matthew Jendian (California State University, Fresno), “Intermarriage and Ethnic Boundaries of Armenian-Americans in Central California.”
2. Armen Petrosyan (Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography, Yerevan), “The Problem of Identification of the Proto-Armenia’s: A Critical Survey.”
3. John A.C. Greppin (Cleveland State University), “Some New Ideas on the Status of the Urartian Language in Armenian.”
4. Hagop Gulludjian (UCLA), “On Armenian Parallels to Beowulf.”
5. Simon Payaslian (Boston University), “Hovhannes Shiraz, Paruyr Sevak, and the Memory of the Armenian Genocide.”
6. Earl R. Anderson (Cleveland State University), “Traditional Epic Themes in the Armenian Sasna Crer.”
7, George Bournoutian (Iona College), “Five Armenian Chronicles of the 17th-18th Centuries.”
8. Artyom Kosmarski and Nona Shahnazaryan (Central European University, Budapest, Hungary and Kuban State University, Krasnodar, Russia), “Krasnodar, Karabakh, Moscow: Reflections on a Post-Soviet Anthropologist at Home/in the Field.”
The fourteen book reviews in JSAS 16 cover a broad spectrum of works related to Armenian studies.
Dr. Joseph K?chichian of Los Angeles has been appointed the editor of JSAS beginning with volume 17 (2008). The JSAS welcomes articles for consideration and books in the field for reviews. The editor can be contacted by email at [email protected].
JSAS plays a valuable and continuing role in the dissemination of Armenian studies throughout the academic world. The Journal reflects the scholarship of its members and is a window to the world of Armenian studies.
Volume 16 and previous issues (2-15) of the Journal of the Society for Armenian Studies may be acquired by contacting the Society’s Secretariat in care of the Armenian Studies Program at Fresno State, 5245 N Backer Ave PB4, Fresno CA 93740-8001 or call 559-278-2669 or by email at [email protected]. The cost of each volume is $20 plus mailing expenses.